DescriptionThe gardens at Ludwigsburg, just outside Stuttgart, offer something for all the family.
Building work on the palace itself started in 1704 but it was only when Duke Eberhard Ludwig of Württemberg took up residence there in 1718 that the gardens were established and subsequently enlarged by his successors.
The southern part of the Gardens has been furnished with a substantial modern Parterre and a central Baroque water basin. In the eastern part, a playground was erected so as to allow the adults a little unhindered social intercourse following the strict ceremony at court. The historical distractions are still on show today and include a roundabout and swing-boats.
Tel. 0049 7141 186440
Internet: www.blueba.de (German)