DescriptionThe art of combining a formal Baroque garden with an English style park has been perfected at Pillnitz Castle nr. Dresden.
The castle, idyllically situated next to the river Elbe, was rebuilt in 1826 after the original Renaissance structure was destroyed by fire.
The English garden with a beautifully built Chinese pavilion dates back to the 18th century and, together with a collection of rare woods, one of its most popular attractions, is a 250 year old camellia which bears about 35,000 brilliant red flowers in spring.
Tel. 0049 351 2613260