Capel Manor Gardens
Capel Manor Gardens
Bullsmoor Lane, Enfield, Middx EN1 4RQ
Telephone: 08456 122 122
Visit Capel Manor Gardens and estate, 30 acres of richly planted themed gardens, including an Italianate Maze and Japanese Garden, providing a colourful inspiration and scented oasis surrounding a Georgian Manor House and Victorian Stables. Make the most of this unique opportunity to see behind the scenes at Greater London’s only specialist College of Horticulture, Floristry, Garden Design, Animal Care and Countryside Studies and take away fresh ideas for your own garden.
our attractions include:
• 30 acres of richly planted themed gardens including Historical Gardens, an Italianate Maze and our Japanese Garden to name just a few.
• Gardening Which? Magazine demonstration and trial gardens.
• The National Gardening Centre with specially designed gardens, including Sunflower Street.
• The Hessayon Centre (our Visitors Centre) with garden gift shop and floristry training shop.
• Selection of refreshments in our new Terrace Restaurant serving an enticing range of hot and cold food.
• The Jungle Gym Garden designed by Kim Wilde.
sunflower street . . .
Seven gardens, which make up Sunflower Street, were opened in 2005 by former student Kim Wilde. Students who qualified in Garden Design at the college over the last three years were invited to enter a competition to demonstrate their expertise and design these new gardens. Seven winners were chosen and their designs have been realised. They are sure to
animals and stableyard . . .
An opportunity to see the animals cared for by our students. From Kune-Kune pigs to goats, poultry and rabbits, plus you may even see our famous Clydesdale heavy horses working and exercising around the grounds. Guided tours of the Exotic Animal Room are available on
Saturdays and Sundays (check times on arrival).
more experiences to discover . . .
From the spectacular Gardening Shows to musical delights and classic motors there’s something to tempt everyone’s taste buds. Discover what’s planned for 2006 online or call 08456 122 122 for an events leaflet. Plus, find out about our ‘Friends of Capel’ season ticket giving you unlimited access to Capel’s grounds and events* throughout the year.
Don’t forget, admission to all our shows and events includes entry to our 30 acres of beautiful themed gardens. Enjoy the show and then explore the Japanese Garden, Italianate Maze, Historical Gardens, Gardening Which? Trial Gardens, Woodland Walk, together with our newly opened Sunflower Street – seven front and back gardens designed by former students, and Kim Wilde’s Jungle Gym Garden. There is disabled access around most parts of our estate, free wheelchair loan (please book in advance) and the Sensory Garden.
Visit our website to learn more about Capel, www.capel.ac.uk
*excluding musical and theatrical shows
Friends of Capel Manor . . .
From as little as £25 you’ll have unlimited access to our 30 acres of beautiful themed gardens throughout the year.
• Free entry to the gardens during normal opening hours throughout the year including our events, except musical concerts.
• Regular updates with news of the gardens and forthcoming events.
• Organised trips to gardens and other places of interest.
A £35 Season Ticket will admit two members and one guest throughout the year. For more information or to apply visit www.capel.ac.uk/Gardens/season_ticket.htm or call 08456 122 122.
plus all this too . . .
• Group visits and guided walks (by arrangement) with special rates.
• Disabled access around most parts of our estate, including toilets and restaurant with ramps and firm surfaces where possible.
• Free wheelchair loan and motorised scooter (advanced booking advised).
• Free entry for wheelchair assistants/pushers/carers.
• Sensory garden and gardens designed for wheelchair users.
• Leisure gardening classes.
• Free car parking (coaches welcome)
• Friends of Capel Manor Season Ticket Scheme - details below.
• Volunteer Group - ask for details at reception.
the inspired choice . . .
A visit to Capel Manor Gardens will reveal why so many choose this as their place of study. From 14 to 60+, whether interested in horticulture, garden design, floristry, balloon artistry, small animals, arboriculture or the environment, students enjoy their learning experience on both full-time and part-time courses.
Feeling inspired? Then discover what's on offer at www.capel.ac.uk or call 08456 122 122.
opening dates and times, 2006:
March - October: open daily, 10:00 - 18:00, last admission 16:30
November – February: open weekdays, 10:00 - 17:30, last admission 16:00