Yalding Organic Gardens
DescriptionGarden Organic Yalding – run by Garden Organic - nestles against a traditional Kentish backdrop of hop gardens and oast houses.
Europe’s largest organic gardening charity opened these beautiful gardens in 1995. They offer the unique combination of a journey through garden history and organic gardening techniques, set against a backdrop of beautiful, mixed borders.
Yalding’s 16 stunning gardens illustrate some of the significant developments of garden history in the UK. These range from the medieval Apothecary’s Garden to the Tudor Knot Garden, through to the developments of the 19th century with a reconstructed Victorian glasshouse and Edwardian herbaceous border.
Coming up to date, Yalding also features a 21st Century Garden, a Low-water Garden, a Children’s Garden and a teaching garden to help novices grow vegetables.
In the cafe, you can enjoy home-cooked food for morning coffee, lunch or afternoon tea. And you can browse around the shop, which offers a range of more unusual plants grown by Yalding gardeners. There are also regular events and workshops held at Yalding.
Garden Organic Yalding is located on Benover Road, Yalding, Kent.
To find out more visit www.gardenorganic.org.uk. For further enquiries call 01622 814650 or email email@example.com.
The display gardens at Yalding include:
- Woodland - Organic Vegetable Garden
- The medieval Apothecary’s Garden - The Gardeners Labyrinth
- 13th Century Medieval Garden - Organic Fruit Garden
- Tudor Knot Garden - Recycling Demonstration
- Early 19th Century Cottager’s Garden - Low-water Garden
- Late 19th Century Artisan’s Garden - The Garden for Today
- Edwardian Herbaceous Border - Wildlife Garden
- Dig for Victory Garden - Children’s Garden
- Organic Pest and Disease Garden - Organic Food for All Garden